Engaged at Red Rocks!

Corey on one knee proposing to me while I gasp with giant red rocks in the background

AH It’s been really hard to make myself write a blog post… So much has happened in the past week, most importantly getting engaged!!! My brain has immediately become consumed with wedding planning since I LOVE planning stuff, so I haven’t been able to focus on anything else. Turns out planning a wedding is kind of complicated…like, what comes first? What if the only date the venue has available is not a date the photographer you want has available?? So much to think about! Also, a lot is already booked up for summer/fall 2020, so are we willing to wait until 2021? I’m so impatient waiting for people to get back to me I’ve been spending most of this week looking at my phone refreshing my email. It’s all SO exciting though, and I can’t wait until we have a date and venue picked out so we can start planning the rest of it!!

So back to a week ago when I last wrote a post. We woke up on Saturday, September 14 in Nebraska, with plans to leave around 6:30 am to drive to Colorado. At 5:15 am Corey woke me up to point out a huge storm cloud coming toward us so I got up and out of there in five minutes flat. This ended up being a great thing, because we needed to get to Colorado early.

Me Posing with Opal at Red Rocks


 We drove straight to a Planet Fitness outside of Denver, showered and got ready for the concert we had tickets to, and then continued on to the campsite we booked near Red Rocks Amphitheater. I was consulting Corey on what outfit I should wear, since I knew I wanted to be warm enough and comfortable enough to dance. When he told me I should wear something nice I got a little suspicious…

Corey and I making funny faces showing off my engagement ring


We grabbed a bite to eat, and then headed to Red Rocks, where Corey wanted to go for a little hike before the show. He was adamant about getting there early enough to go for a hike, which would have maybe made me more suspicious, but that’s really not that out of the ordinary for Corey. So we started off on our hike--which was an easy trail around Red Rocks, and Corey brought the tripod and camera along to take a nice picture of us at Red Rocks. We scoped out a good spot, set up the camera, and while I thought the camera was on a timer, Corey came over to me and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!! The camera was in fact recording a video, so now we have a video of the proposal (where you can hear Corey taking a big deep breath right before he walks over to me, and then I annoyingly ask him if he set the timer) and we took some awesome screen shots of the moment he asked me. It was perfect in every way. We were in nature, surrounded by the immense beauty of Red Rocks, and we got to celebrate after by seeing one of our favorite bands, Greensky Bluegrass!

Greensky Bluegrass playing at Red Rocks with a colorful light show

The celebration continued the next night when Corey surprised me with a fancy hotel and restaurant reservation. So now you can understand why I’ve barely been posting or writing…we’ve been celebrating!! We’ve also seen friends every night this week, so we’ve been quite busy enjoying Denver. This weekend we’ll head out to Lake Dillon to do some boating, camping, and hiking. Life is good!!


My hand with engagement ring in Corey's giant hand

Comments

  1. the detail about asking him about the timer is perfect 😂❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts